Functions of the Regional Council
The Regional Government of Atacama’s mission is to promote, ensure and promote economic, social and cultural development of the region through the development and implementation of the budget of regional investment, creation of policies and evaluation systems of governance, aimed at improve the quality of life of the inhabitants of the region of Atacama.
Its operation is regulated by the Constitutional Act No. 19,175 of Government and Regional Administration.
1. Develop and adopt the policies, plans and programs in the region, as well as its draft budget, which must conform to the national development policy and the national budget.
2. Submit to the Regional Council plans and regional development strategies as amended, and foster its implementation.
3. Regional Council propose to the distribution of resources of the National Regional Development Fund corresponding to the region as well as regional sectoral investment allocation, and own resources for the regional government.
4. Propose to the Regional Council holding programming agreements.
5. To propose to the Regional Council regional projects own regulations governing the competence of the Regional Government matters.
6. Represent and out of court the Regional Government may perform the acts and conclude contracts within their competence or entrusted to the Council.
7. appoint and remove officers determined by law and their confidence.
8. Coordinate, supervise or monitor, as appropriate, public services created by law to carry out the administrative functions that operate in the region.
9. Enact and inter-communal regulatory plans, according to the substantive provisions of the General Law on Urban Planning and Construction, with the agreement of the Regional Council.
10. Take the necessary measures, in accordance with the law, to deal with emergencies or disasters and to develop prevention and protection from disasters.
Its main functions are:
1. Resolve, based on the proposal of the mayor, the distribution of the resources of the National Regional Development Fund corresponding to the region as well as regional sectoral investment allocation, and own resources the government regional obtained.
2. Approve programming agreements that the Regional Government held.
3. To approve the regulations governing its operation, in which you can contemplate the existence of various working committees.
4. To oversee the performance of Regional Governor, in his capacity as Chairman of the Board and executive body of the same, as well as the units that depend on it, the mayor may require the necessary information about it.
5. To approve the inter-communal and regulatory plans, according to the substantive provisions of the General Law on Urban Planning and Construction.